Mahe Dental College Alumni Association
An Alumni association comprises former graduates of the institution. The governing body of the association is elected by the members through nominations or voting. The executive members thus elected frames the rules and regulations of the association through a bylaw. The alumni association organizes various academic, cultural and sporting activities for fostering lasting bond with the parent institution. The association also coordinates the support of the alumni in the form of sponsorships, scholarships and functional aid for the betterment of the institution.
- To aid the college in the development of a conducive environment for improving the teaching learning process, research activities, employment opportunities of the student.
- To nurture friendship and bond between the old students so that they can support each other related to their profession and business activities.
- To find and unite old students and enrol them as a members.
- To provide a platform for the alumni to interact with each other and share their knowledge among them as well as with the institute and current students
- Invite the alumni for giving a talk on latest trends and employment opportunities
FUNCTION OF THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION:
- To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the and between the Alumni themselves.
- To encourage the formation of Chapters as a means to increase participation of Alumni.
- To enable the alumni to participate in activities that would contribute to the general development of the college.
- To arrange and collect funds for the development of the college.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To Institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
- To undertake to organize activities of a civic or charitable nature as also to increase public awareness of the role of technology in value addition in the economic and social development of the nation.
- To invest and deal with the funds and finances of the Association.
- To take advantage of developing technologies like the internet in achieving the aims and objects of the Association.
- To arrange the get together of the alumni and social/cultural functions of the alumni
- To raise various endowment funds and award stipends out of it to the deserving students on need-cum-merit basis
- To establish a link with the alumni and enrol them as members
Alumni Association is committed to excellence in all its activities and keep the following core values.
- Continuous Improvement